If you’re anything like me, you are constantly trying to update or freshen up your space. It can be difficult to do this without spending a ton of money. Here is a specific area of the kitchen I’ve been struggling with. We have these […]
Welcome to Part 2 of our bedroom renovation! As you may recall from last weeks post, upon pulling up the light blue carpet in the bedroom, we discovered this awful linoleum tiling. Once we finally removed all of the tiling, we cleaned up and moved on […]
The one thing that was important to us before I moved in was to create a space together for us to share as our master bedroom. Prior to moving in, you could imagine that, like lots of guys, Paul’s room was quite bachelor-esque.
I was of course feeling anxious and excited to get started on making our room cozy, but first, we had to clear out all of the furniture and rip out essentially, well, everything.
Note: The really lovely baby blue color on the walls and the even more lovely blue carpet that was most likely there for the last 30 years. We were extremely excited to get to work and strip this room of all things blue.
Our first step was to remove all of the baseboards and door trim. This part was fun! Here is a great resource for removing window and door trim with minimal damage done to the walls. We didn’t struggle too much with this seeing as these baseboards and door trim were likely installed in the 60’s, so they were basically begging to be ripped off.
Next, we had to rip up the carpet. We felt confident in the progress we were making so far, until we discovered what was underneath…
This video showed us how to use a crowbar to “easily” pull up the tiling, which we didn’t originally anticipate having to do at all. Although the method did work, the tiling was so old that it began to slowly break up and crumble into smaller pieces. This was a minor set back and caused some extra work for us, but eventually, we got it all done.
Stay tuned for my next post to see how we began to tie the whole room together!